Friday, August 15, 2008

Home 10:14 PM

Seems I haven't posted for a bit; it's been quiet and I got sick of the media hysteria over ex-contender John Edward's peccadilloes, so I've been on a bit of a self-imposed political fast.

So, with that in mind, here's the latest on...

The Pickle Project

I decided to attempt a little culinary science experiment and ferment some cucumbers in the old-fashioned manner.

I think they smell simply wonderful bubbling away on the kitchen counter, but the Mrs....well, not so much.




The above vessel is an early "Union Stoneware"-marked Red Wing 4 gallon stoneware crock that once belonged to my paternal grandmother. It seems to be working quite well.

We'll see in about two more weeks how the experiment turns out.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your Dad just picked another bucket full of cukes...your Mother is too lazy to make pickles. Guess you better get your Pickle Recipe Book out! Olive

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home